Grasse capitale des parfums
Traditional perfume-making is one of the most prestigious industries in France and Grasse is its capital.
Heir to the tannery industry, the manufacture of fragrances emerged as an industry in its own right in the XVII century and has flourished ever since.
The idyllic town of Grasse remains the symbol of French excellence in the art of scents and sensibility.
Principal Grasse perfume houses >>
Festivals and events
- Fête du Citron - Lemon Festival in Menton from February to March
- Expo Rose - International Rose Exposition in Grasse in May
- Phyt'arom - International Congress of Aromatherary and Herbal Medicine in Grasse in June
- La Fête du Jasmin Jasmine Festival in Grasse in August
Information and details on the Grasse Tourist Office website>>
- Musée d'art et d'histoire de Provence - Provence art and history museum - Grasse
- Musée provençal du costume et du bijou - Provence costume and jewellery museum - Grasse
- Villa-Musée Jean-Honoré Fragonard - Grasse (paintings and temporary exhibitions, Costa family private collection)
- Musée Peynet - Antibes
- Musée Matisse - Nice
- Confiserie Florian - Le Pont du Loup
- Fondation Maeght - Saint Paul de Vence
- Musée Picasso - Antibes
- Musée Chagal - Nice